Skip to main content

The Believers' Authority 8

By Revd 'Remi Tejumola

Shalom! Great peace be unto you. I hope you're really following me on our subject. It could be the meaning between life and death for anyone.

A female secondary school teacher got born-again, delivered from evil spirits and got baptised in the Holy Spirit in our meeting with the Full Gospel Business Men's Fellowship International(FGBMFI) Benin Chapter, Benin City, in February 1988. Her name was Tonia Okolie. The devil took advantage of her ignorance and prevented her from speaking in other tongues anytime she's on her own. But when she's with other believers, she'd be able to speak in tongues without any difficulty. This really bothered her. So she came to see me for help.

I took her through every scripture I could recall about her authority over the devil and all his evil spirit cohorts and taught her how to use it.

When she returned home on her own, she literally felt the hands of those demons holding her mouth so she will not be able to speak in tongues!

She summoned up courage and commanded in English, "You evil spirits that have been preventing me from speaking with tongues, I bind you in the name of Jesus and I order you to get out of this room right now in Jesus name!"

She said that as the last word got out of her mouth, she was picked off the floor and was rolled like a yoyo in the air and was thrown unto her bed heavily, and the evil spirits left, in obedience to her, and she began to flow in the Holy Spirit, speaking and singing in tongues with interpretation! She got herself liberated! Hallelujah! Glory be to God in the highest!

Every believer have the same authority over the devil, even like Jesus has it. He will obey you the same way he would obey Jesus. Once you have an on-going relationship with Jesus, you have it made, the devil will recognize and respect your God-given authority. It is Jesus in you that made the difference in your life.

Acts 19: 13-17

13 ¶ Then certain of the vagabond Jews, exorcists, took upon them to call over them which had evil spirits the name of the Lord Jesus, saying, We adjure you by Jesus whom Paul preacheth.

14 And there were seven sons of one Sceva, a Jew, and chief of the priests, which did so.

15 And the evil spirit answered and said, Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye?

16 And the man in whom the evil spirit was leaped on them, and overcame them, and prevailed against them, so that they fled out of that house naked and wounded.

17 And this was known to all the Jews and Greeks also dwelling at Ephesus; and fear fell on them all, and the name of the Lord Jesus was magnified.

If any person does not have any relationship with Jesus, any attempt to use the name of Jesus against the devil will backfire like it did with those vagabond children of the Chief Priest, Sceva. Also, if a believer is living a sinful life, every attempt he makes trying to cast these evil spirits out will bring him disgrace and embarassment.

The Bible says, "Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you" (James 4: 7). This is how things work in God's kingdom. You must live your life in submission to God, then your authority will mean something to the devil. You can't get into pride and also expect that authority to work for you. It won't because pride is sin. The evil spirit or demons are subject to you only because your name is written in heaven, not because of your spiritual attainment. Of course, if what you got through your spiritual attainment is pride, then you have nothing and you have attained to NOTHING! Got that?

I have more things to tell you, and I will do that in my next posting on this subject, by the grace of God. Till next time, God willing, God bless!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith's Place

By Revd 'Remi Tejumola Shalom! God's face always shine with pleasure when He finds people who took Him at His Word - those who live by faith. Hebrews 11: 5-6 5 By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God. 6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. God is always excited when His people exercises faith in Him by taking Him at His Word. During Jesus earthly ministry, He displayed His joy each time He found such people: Luke 7: 7-9 7 Wherefore neither thought I myself worthy to come unto thee: but say in a word, and my servant shall be healed. 8 For I also am a man set under authority, having under me soldiers, and I say unto one, Go, and he goeth; and to another, Come, and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth it. ...

Greetings

Hi there, friend! A happy new month to you. Usually, I greet my friends or acquaintances this way, "H.appy New Year" even if the last time I saw them was just a week ago. Just a funny greeting. The exciting ministry times still continues. I have just ended a whole month ministry time with the Believers' Fellowship in Ibadan here. So many people were blessed during the course of the meeting. I don't have pictures here because I misplaced my digi-cam. My Holy Ghost Miracle Service is now what we are preparing for between now and October. It's going to be a two-day event, three services - two evenings and one morning Life Seminar. We are preparing to use a church's venue here in Ibadan. I lost my mother-in-law just two days ago and she's going to be buried next week Saturday. Her own mum is still alive. She was a good mother to all her children, including me. So we plan to give her a beffiting funeral at Owo Town, Ondo State. A friend sent me an e-mail and I ...

The Holy Spirit Moves 4

By Revd 'Remi Tejumola Shalom! The works of the Holy Spirit varies, no one knows it all. But it's so exciting when one finds out about them. I was part of the Faith Clinic team that travelled with Dr. I. K. U. Ibeneme to minister at a campmeeting, December 1985. It was a deliverance session with the church on the outskirt of Lagos State. Our method of ministry was to ask individuals what problem they have, and we minister accordingly. After I had prayed with several people, it came to the turn of a brother. I went thru the normal process of our ministration and he stuttered and said, 'I am a stammerer'. I was flabbergasted because at that moment I didn't know what to do. But I just said, 'In Jesus' name, I plead the blood. Be healed!' and I took off to another place. During the testimony time, the brother said in very clear words, 'You know me. . . ' and the place became wild with excitement and shouts of 'Hallelujah!' rended the air!...