Skip to main content

Repentance, Forgiveness & Healing

By Revd 'Remi Tejumola

Shalom!
The word Shalom used in greeting you is the Hebrew word for Peace. It means 'Peace be with you'.

The Bible gives us an account of Jesus earthly ministry that has something to do with today's message, "And, behold, they brought to him a man sick of the palsy, lying on a bed: and Jesus seeing their faith said unto the sick of the palsy; Son, be of good cheer; thy sins be forgiven thee" (Matthew 9:2). In this account, Jesus not only forgave the man's sin, He also got him healed:

Matthew 9:3-7

3 And, behold, certain of the scribes said within themselves, This man blasphemeth.

4 And Jesus knowing their thoughts said, Wherefore think ye evil in your hearts?

5 For whether is easier, to say, Thy sins be forgiven thee; or to say, Arise, and walk?

6 But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power on earth to forgive sins, (then saith he to the sick of the palsy,) Arise, take up thy bed, and go unto thine house.

7 And he arose, and departed to his house.

Whatever can hinder you from recieving a blessing from God, here on earth, can also prevent you from entering into heaven.

Understand also that it takes God just about the same amount of time to forgive you and also heal you or give you a blessing.

It's only repentant people that gets God's forgiveness which can also lead into God's blessings.

God has made provision that if you're sick, and requesting for prayer, that your sins be forgiven and you be healed at the same time, especially if you're repentant: "Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord: And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him" (James 5:14-15).

A former muslim came to me for counselling and prayer in 1990. He had gone back into sin and wanted to be restored. I asked if he was baptised in the Holy Spirit before he backslid and he answered, 'No'. I told him to get up so that I could pray with him for the infilling of the Holy Spirit. He said, 'What of those sins?' and I said, 'They are forgiven. Be filled with the Holy Spirit!', and he got filled and began to speak in other tongues to his amazement! It was easy because he was repentant. Glory be to God!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith's Place

By Revd 'Remi Tejumola Shalom! God's face always shine with pleasure when He finds people who took Him at His Word - those who live by faith. Hebrews 11: 5-6 5 By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God. 6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. God is always excited when His people exercises faith in Him by taking Him at His Word. During Jesus earthly ministry, He displayed His joy each time He found such people: Luke 7: 7-9 7 Wherefore neither thought I myself worthy to come unto thee: but say in a word, and my servant shall be healed. 8 For I also am a man set under authority, having under me soldiers, and I say unto one, Go, and he goeth; and to another, Come, and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth it. ...

Greetings

Hi there, friend! A happy new month to you. Usually, I greet my friends or acquaintances this way, "H.appy New Year" even if the last time I saw them was just a week ago. Just a funny greeting. The exciting ministry times still continues. I have just ended a whole month ministry time with the Believers' Fellowship in Ibadan here. So many people were blessed during the course of the meeting. I don't have pictures here because I misplaced my digi-cam. My Holy Ghost Miracle Service is now what we are preparing for between now and October. It's going to be a two-day event, three services - two evenings and one morning Life Seminar. We are preparing to use a church's venue here in Ibadan. I lost my mother-in-law just two days ago and she's going to be buried next week Saturday. Her own mum is still alive. She was a good mother to all her children, including me. So we plan to give her a beffiting funeral at Owo Town, Ondo State. A friend sent me an e-mail and I ...

The Holy Spirit Moves 4

By Revd 'Remi Tejumola Shalom! The works of the Holy Spirit varies, no one knows it all. But it's so exciting when one finds out about them. I was part of the Faith Clinic team that travelled with Dr. I. K. U. Ibeneme to minister at a campmeeting, December 1985. It was a deliverance session with the church on the outskirt of Lagos State. Our method of ministry was to ask individuals what problem they have, and we minister accordingly. After I had prayed with several people, it came to the turn of a brother. I went thru the normal process of our ministration and he stuttered and said, 'I am a stammerer'. I was flabbergasted because at that moment I didn't know what to do. But I just said, 'In Jesus' name, I plead the blood. Be healed!' and I took off to another place. During the testimony time, the brother said in very clear words, 'You know me. . . ' and the place became wild with excitement and shouts of 'Hallelujah!' rended the air!...