Skip to main content

The Holy Spirit Baptism

By Revd 'Remi Tejumola`

Hi, there! How's life with you? Hope all things are going in the right direction for you today, and all your dogs are barking.
Today, I felt like suspending my teaching on the Holy Spirit in order to deal with the Holy Spirit Baptism aspect. Most times, whenever I teach on the Holy Spirit, most people only think that I teach about the Baptism of the Holy Spirit, but that's hardly the case. I usually teach about the personality, the works and the gifts of the Holy Spirit.
I want you to know and understand that God wants all human beings baptised in the Holy Spirit. God expressed this desire when He spoke through the Prophet Joel [Joel 2: 28]. He said, "Afterwards, I will pour my Spirit upon all flesh" and Peter quoted the same thing when he apoke on that Pentecost day when the Holy Spirit was poured out on the 120 believers that were together at the upper room in Jerusalem. He said, quoting from Joel, "In the last days, saith God, I will pour out My Spirit upon all flesh".

1. God desires that you'll be filled with the Holy Spirit {and I don't care who you are}.

2. God has already provided the Holy Spirit for us here on the earth and all we need to do is receive Him (Acts 2: 38).

3. It is only the person who receives Jesus as Lord and Saviour that CAN RECIEVE the GIFT of the Holy Spirit - reason being that, sinners cannot recieve such a holy Person, but sinners whose sins are forgiven through faith in Jesus can.
(to be continued tomorrow...)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Soldier Gone To Headquaters

By Revd 'Remi Tejumola Shalom! A senior friend just went home to be with the Lord, PASTOR PATRICK EZEKUDE OBAZE. He was aged 78 years old. I got to know him in 1985 after I became a part of the Faith Clinic which was founded by Rev. (Dr.) I.K.U. Ibeneme of blessed memory. Uncle 'Bobo' Obaze, as was fondly called by Dr. Ibeneme, was one of the numerous workers that the Faith Clinic had in those days in the mid-80s. All the workers came from different churches and ministries, and were of various ages and giftings. In spite of his age, He was simple and humble. He was easy to get along with, and very kind. He loved Jesus and was as excited about Him as anyone of us was who were much younger than he was. Like other workers of the ministry he was involved in deliverance ministrations. He often traveled with Dr. Ibeneme for outside ministrations. He also had a special love to minister the Holy Ghost baptism. He had great success in this area of ministry. I know it because I was a...

Time Element in Faith

By Revd 'Remi Tejumola Shalom! There is an element of time involved in the principle of faith. Misunderstanding this important element will cause a failure of faith. The Bible says, "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen" (Hebrews 11:1). When should one take the step of faith? (Now!) Paul said, "Now faith is . . . the evidence of things not seen". When you are standing by faith, what you're believing God for is neither seen nor felt. You're just standing in faith for it - calling those things which be not as though they were. If you've asked God for a car, by faith you say, 'I believe that I have my car now.' This is neither pretence nor a lie. You really must believe this way. You don't have to see it first or feel it before you believe it. In fact, we do not need to look for any sign or hear a voice to know our prayers are heard. Once we pray, God wants us to believe that the need is met NOW WHE...

Faith's Place

By Revd 'Remi Tejumola Shalom! God's face always shine with pleasure when He finds people who took Him at His Word - those who live by faith. Hebrews 11: 5-6 5 By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God. 6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. God is always excited when His people exercises faith in Him by taking Him at His Word. During Jesus earthly ministry, He displayed His joy each time He found such people: Luke 7: 7-9 7 Wherefore neither thought I myself worthy to come unto thee: but say in a word, and my servant shall be healed. 8 For I also am a man set under authority, having under me soldiers, and I say unto one, Go, and he goeth; and to another, Come, and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth it. ...