Skip to main content

The Holy Spirit


THE PERSONALITY
OF THE
HOLY SPIRIT

By Rev’d ‘Remi Tejumola

The Holy Spirit is a lot more than what many people thought He is. He is a person. Jesus used a personal pronoun “He” to refer to Him. He is a person with a form and a shape like that of the Father and the Son. Each of them in appearance resembles a man in the spirit realm because God made man to look like Himself (Genesis 1:26-27). It is only Jesus Christ among the Three that has a physical and glorified body. Jesus, talking about the Father, said, “God is a spirit” (John 4:24).
The Bible most of the time uses symbols to describe to us the functions and the characteristics of the Holy Spirit such as: a dove; a wind; a fire, an oil, a cloud; water or river. The Jehovah witnesses, not knowing that the Holy Spirit is a person, called Him “an active force” (an impersonal force) controlled by God.
The way Jesus spoke about the Holy Spirit shows us that He is of equal importance to Himself. Jesus called Him “another Comforter” who will guide us; teach us; bring things back into our remembrance (or memory); show us things to come; give us power to forgive sins and to witness for Him; and who will tell us whatever Jesus is saying to us (see John 14:16-17, 26; 15:26; 16:7-15; 20: 21 - 23).
When Jesus called Him “another Comforter”, He meant that the Holy Spirit is one exactly like Him. He would act as Jesus would have – having the same values (many people believe that Jesus returned into the world in the form of the Holy Spirit, but this is not so).
In Matthew 28:19, Jesus shows us the equality of the Holy Spirit with both the Father and Himself when He said baptism should be done for those who believe the Gospel “in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost.” [to be continued]
Phone: +234-803-344-9182

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith's Place

By Revd 'Remi Tejumola Shalom! God's face always shine with pleasure when He finds people who took Him at His Word - those who live by faith. Hebrews 11: 5-6 5 By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God. 6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. God is always excited when His people exercises faith in Him by taking Him at His Word. During Jesus earthly ministry, He displayed His joy each time He found such people: Luke 7: 7-9 7 Wherefore neither thought I myself worthy to come unto thee: but say in a word, and my servant shall be healed. 8 For I also am a man set under authority, having under me soldiers, and I say unto one, Go, and he goeth; and to another, Come, and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth it. ...

Greetings

Hi there, friend! A happy new month to you. Usually, I greet my friends or acquaintances this way, "H.appy New Year" even if the last time I saw them was just a week ago. Just a funny greeting. The exciting ministry times still continues. I have just ended a whole month ministry time with the Believers' Fellowship in Ibadan here. So many people were blessed during the course of the meeting. I don't have pictures here because I misplaced my digi-cam. My Holy Ghost Miracle Service is now what we are preparing for between now and October. It's going to be a two-day event, three services - two evenings and one morning Life Seminar. We are preparing to use a church's venue here in Ibadan. I lost my mother-in-law just two days ago and she's going to be buried next week Saturday. Her own mum is still alive. She was a good mother to all her children, including me. So we plan to give her a beffiting funeral at Owo Town, Ondo State. A friend sent me an e-mail and I ...

The Holy Spirit Moves 4

By Revd 'Remi Tejumola Shalom! The works of the Holy Spirit varies, no one knows it all. But it's so exciting when one finds out about them. I was part of the Faith Clinic team that travelled with Dr. I. K. U. Ibeneme to minister at a campmeeting, December 1985. It was a deliverance session with the church on the outskirt of Lagos State. Our method of ministry was to ask individuals what problem they have, and we minister accordingly. After I had prayed with several people, it came to the turn of a brother. I went thru the normal process of our ministration and he stuttered and said, 'I am a stammerer'. I was flabbergasted because at that moment I didn't know what to do. But I just said, 'In Jesus' name, I plead the blood. Be healed!' and I took off to another place. During the testimony time, the brother said in very clear words, 'You know me. . . ' and the place became wild with excitement and shouts of 'Hallelujah!' rended the air!...