Skip to main content

The Holy Spirit

THE HOLY SPIRIT BAPTISM (PART 2)
BY REVD ‘REMI TEJUMOLA

The Holy Spirit baptism I spoke about is carried out by Jesus. He does use human beings like you to do it. The Prophet, John the Baptist, prophetically announced that Jesus is the One who baptizes in the Holy Spirit (Matthew 3: 11). Please keep this in mind as we go on. Jesus is the Baptizer in the Holy Spirit and He has been doing this for about 2,000 years.

One point I closed with over a week ago is that this experience is available only to those who have been born-again. This is the basic requirement from God. A born-again person is someone who has repented from sin and has received forgiveness and cleansing from it by the blood of Jesus Christ.

While Peter was preaching on that day of Pentecost, he said, “Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, AND YE SHALL RECEIVE THE GIFT OF THE HOLY GHOST. For the PROMISE is unto you, and to your children, and to all that afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call” (Acts 2: 38 – 39). The experience of the Holy Spirit baptism is available to everyone – not only Jewish Christian – every human being on every continent, every nation and every race on earth. Once the person is a believer in Jesus Christ, he is ready for this experience.

[Before we go on, please understand that either Holy Spirit or Holy Ghost, we are talking about the very same person. The word “GHOST” is an archaic English word for “SPIRIT”. So don’t let that confuse you.]

In 1990, a man wrote our office requesting that he wanted to receive the Holy Spirit baptism at the reception of our reply. My former boss, Dr. I. K. U. Ibeneme of blessed memory, asked me to attend to him. So I replied his letter with the points I’m using here to minister to you. When the man got the letter, he read it several times until he understood the content. He took the steps I suggested and he got baptized in the Holy Spirit with the evidence of speaking in other tongues. He was knocked down by the power of God, and he spoke in tongues continually in tongues for two solid hours!

Now notice that Peter didn’t talk about Jesus giving the Holy Spirit to anyone. But he emphasized RECEIVING THE GIFT OF THE HOLY SPIRIT. But why is it like this. God has given the Holy Spirit already. He was given on that day of Pentecost (Acts 2: 1 – 4). The Holy Spirit is referred to as the gift because you don’t have to do anything to merit and receive Him. He is a free Gift from the Almighty God to all His children.

(To be continued . . .)

Comments

Anonymous said…
You are really making an impact, and i really thank God for your life and ministry. You remain an inspiration and a blessing. Keep the fire burning.

Lanre. www.lanreorepo.blogspot.com

Popular posts from this blog

Faith's Place

By Revd 'Remi Tejumola Shalom! God's face always shine with pleasure when He finds people who took Him at His Word - those who live by faith. Hebrews 11: 5-6 5 By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God. 6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. God is always excited when His people exercises faith in Him by taking Him at His Word. During Jesus earthly ministry, He displayed His joy each time He found such people: Luke 7: 7-9 7 Wherefore neither thought I myself worthy to come unto thee: but say in a word, and my servant shall be healed. 8 For I also am a man set under authority, having under me soldiers, and I say unto one, Go, and he goeth; and to another, Come, and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth it. ...

Greetings

Hi there, friend! A happy new month to you. Usually, I greet my friends or acquaintances this way, "H.appy New Year" even if the last time I saw them was just a week ago. Just a funny greeting. The exciting ministry times still continues. I have just ended a whole month ministry time with the Believers' Fellowship in Ibadan here. So many people were blessed during the course of the meeting. I don't have pictures here because I misplaced my digi-cam. My Holy Ghost Miracle Service is now what we are preparing for between now and October. It's going to be a two-day event, three services - two evenings and one morning Life Seminar. We are preparing to use a church's venue here in Ibadan. I lost my mother-in-law just two days ago and she's going to be buried next week Saturday. Her own mum is still alive. She was a good mother to all her children, including me. So we plan to give her a beffiting funeral at Owo Town, Ondo State. A friend sent me an e-mail and I ...

The Holy Spirit Moves 4

By Revd 'Remi Tejumola Shalom! The works of the Holy Spirit varies, no one knows it all. But it's so exciting when one finds out about them. I was part of the Faith Clinic team that travelled with Dr. I. K. U. Ibeneme to minister at a campmeeting, December 1985. It was a deliverance session with the church on the outskirt of Lagos State. Our method of ministry was to ask individuals what problem they have, and we minister accordingly. After I had prayed with several people, it came to the turn of a brother. I went thru the normal process of our ministration and he stuttered and said, 'I am a stammerer'. I was flabbergasted because at that moment I didn't know what to do. But I just said, 'In Jesus' name, I plead the blood. Be healed!' and I took off to another place. During the testimony time, the brother said in very clear words, 'You know me. . . ' and the place became wild with excitement and shouts of 'Hallelujah!' rended the air!...