Skip to main content

The Believers' Authority 1

By Revd 'Remi Tejumola

Shalom! I pray that this new month will bring your way a lot of favorable things in Jesus name! Amen.

Today I want to share with you one of the most important truth every Christian ought to know. It's called, The Believers' Authority.

In the Gospel of Luke, Jesus spoke some things to His disciples that also is true about us today. Let's see it.

Luke 10: 19-20
19 Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.
20 Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven.

The word 'power' is actually 'authority' in the Greek language which in everyday language means 'right'. Jesus then said, I give you the right to tread upon serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you. The word 'tread' means 'press down' or 'to crush and destroy'. This then mean you as a believer in Christ have the right to stop and squash everything the enemy can throw against you. No matter what the devil can do, you can stop him with the right, power or authority that Jesus gave you over him.

The thing about this authority is that you must use it before it will work for you. It does not work automatically just because you have it. It is power or authority to tread over all the power of the enemy. If you are born again, you have it. It's not something you ask God for. It's not what you have to fast for in order to get. You don't even need a man or woman of God to pray for you. It came with the package of your salvation when you accepted Jesus as your Saviour and Lord. As you maintain a holy life this believers' authority will work for you. It doesn't work for believers who lives in sin.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith's Place

By Revd 'Remi Tejumola Shalom! God's face always shine with pleasure when He finds people who took Him at His Word - those who live by faith. Hebrews 11: 5-6 5 By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God. 6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. God is always excited when His people exercises faith in Him by taking Him at His Word. During Jesus earthly ministry, He displayed His joy each time He found such people: Luke 7: 7-9 7 Wherefore neither thought I myself worthy to come unto thee: but say in a word, and my servant shall be healed. 8 For I also am a man set under authority, having under me soldiers, and I say unto one, Go, and he goeth; and to another, Come, and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth it. ...

Greetings

Hi there, friend! A happy new month to you. Usually, I greet my friends or acquaintances this way, "H.appy New Year" even if the last time I saw them was just a week ago. Just a funny greeting. The exciting ministry times still continues. I have just ended a whole month ministry time with the Believers' Fellowship in Ibadan here. So many people were blessed during the course of the meeting. I don't have pictures here because I misplaced my digi-cam. My Holy Ghost Miracle Service is now what we are preparing for between now and October. It's going to be a two-day event, three services - two evenings and one morning Life Seminar. We are preparing to use a church's venue here in Ibadan. I lost my mother-in-law just two days ago and she's going to be buried next week Saturday. Her own mum is still alive. She was a good mother to all her children, including me. So we plan to give her a beffiting funeral at Owo Town, Ondo State. A friend sent me an e-mail and I ...

The Holy Spirit Moves 4

By Revd 'Remi Tejumola Shalom! The works of the Holy Spirit varies, no one knows it all. But it's so exciting when one finds out about them. I was part of the Faith Clinic team that travelled with Dr. I. K. U. Ibeneme to minister at a campmeeting, December 1985. It was a deliverance session with the church on the outskirt of Lagos State. Our method of ministry was to ask individuals what problem they have, and we minister accordingly. After I had prayed with several people, it came to the turn of a brother. I went thru the normal process of our ministration and he stuttered and said, 'I am a stammerer'. I was flabbergasted because at that moment I didn't know what to do. But I just said, 'In Jesus' name, I plead the blood. Be healed!' and I took off to another place. During the testimony time, the brother said in very clear words, 'You know me. . . ' and the place became wild with excitement and shouts of 'Hallelujah!' rended the air!...