Skip to main content

The Importance of Faith

By Revd 'Remi Tejumola

Shalom! If ever you discover any negative symptom in your body, your first response should be to lay your hand on the spot and command, 'In the name of Jesus, whatever is wrong with my body, be healed right now!' The Bible says, "And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up" (James 5:15).

Your knowledge and understanding regarding this kind of prayer determines whether or not you get healed of your infirmities. Since this constitute a matter of life or death for you, I think it's really important for you to know and understand how it works.

Jesus clearly taught us this principle in His Word. He said, "Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them" (Mark 11:24).

Every prayer of faith can be likened to the attempt Peter made to walk on water at the invitation of Jesus. The prayer of faith is always based on the Word of God.

The greatest display of faith I ever read of Jesus was at this point when He walked on water and waited for Peter to join Him. It was a glorious moment in the midst of the storm.

Matthew 14: 29-30
29 And he said, Come. And when Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go to Jesus.
30 But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me.

The storm was there before Peter stepped into the water and still was after, but he began to sink because he considered the circumstance.

When you want to take your faith steps, the only thing you must consider is the Word of God, not your problem or else you will not be able to overcome the circumstances. In my next posting I will elaborate on this. God bless.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time Element in Faith

By Revd 'Remi Tejumola Shalom! There is an element of time involved in the principle of faith. Misunderstanding this important element will cause a failure of faith. The Bible says, "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen" (Hebrews 11:1). When should one take the step of faith? (Now!) Paul said, "Now faith is . . . the evidence of things not seen". When you are standing by faith, what you're believing God for is neither seen nor felt. You're just standing in faith for it - calling those things which be not as though they were. If you've asked God for a car, by faith you say, 'I believe that I have my car now.' This is neither pretence nor a lie. You really must believe this way. You don't have to see it first or feel it before you believe it. In fact, we do not need to look for any sign or hear a voice to know our prayers are heard. Once we pray, God wants us to believe that the need is met NOW WHE...

A Soldier Gone To Headquaters

By Revd 'Remi Tejumola Shalom! A senior friend just went home to be with the Lord, PASTOR PATRICK EZEKUDE OBAZE. He was aged 78 years old. I got to know him in 1985 after I became a part of the Faith Clinic which was founded by Rev. (Dr.) I.K.U. Ibeneme of blessed memory. Uncle 'Bobo' Obaze, as was fondly called by Dr. Ibeneme, was one of the numerous workers that the Faith Clinic had in those days in the mid-80s. All the workers came from different churches and ministries, and were of various ages and giftings. In spite of his age, He was simple and humble. He was easy to get along with, and very kind. He loved Jesus and was as excited about Him as anyone of us was who were much younger than he was. Like other workers of the ministry he was involved in deliverance ministrations. He often traveled with Dr. Ibeneme for outside ministrations. He also had a special love to minister the Holy Ghost baptism. He had great success in this area of ministry. I know it because I was a...

Faith's Place

By Revd 'Remi Tejumola Shalom! God's face always shine with pleasure when He finds people who took Him at His Word - those who live by faith. Hebrews 11: 5-6 5 By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God. 6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. God is always excited when His people exercises faith in Him by taking Him at His Word. During Jesus earthly ministry, He displayed His joy each time He found such people: Luke 7: 7-9 7 Wherefore neither thought I myself worthy to come unto thee: but say in a word, and my servant shall be healed. 8 For I also am a man set under authority, having under me soldiers, and I say unto one, Go, and he goeth; and to another, Come, and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth it. ...