Skip to main content

The Anointing of God 1

By Revd 'Remi Tejumola

Shalom! I want you to know today that there's something like 'more anointing' that one can get to serve God. I learnt from experience that the more anointing you have, the more results you will have in ministry.

In fact, the more the anointing, the easier it is to do the work of God and to minister.

I learnt from Elisha that one can ask God for more anointing and get it; and that there was no scripture that Elisha stood on to get more anointing. He just followed his heart's desire, expressed it and got it!

"And it came to pass, when they were gone over, that Elijah said unto Elisha, Ask what I shall do for thee, before I be taken away from thee. And Elisha said, I pray thee, let a double portion of thy spirit be upon me" (2 Kings 2:9). What mattered to Elisha was the anointing and he got as much as he wanted.

I want you to understand that no man has ever had the anointing of the Holy Spirit in its fulness. But there has been people that carried anointings that was much more than what others had before or have today.

One unique thing though was the fact that when Moses had God reveal Himself to him, he came out of that experience with more anointing that the glory of God began to radiate from his face. He kind of got promoted by the same experience, because, later when God was defending him, God said as much as this, "With him will I speak mouth to mouth, even apparently, and not in dark speeches; and the similitude of the LORD shall he behold: wherefore then were ye not afraid to speak against my servant Moses?" (Numbers 12:8).

Moses got to this position with God because of his desire to know God better. He did not even ask for more anointing. This is why the Bible says, "Draw nigh to God, and He will draw nigh to you" (James 4: 8).

I'll tell you more in the next posting. God bless.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Soldier Gone To Headquaters

By Revd 'Remi Tejumola Shalom! A senior friend just went home to be with the Lord, PASTOR PATRICK EZEKUDE OBAZE. He was aged 78 years old. I got to know him in 1985 after I became a part of the Faith Clinic which was founded by Rev. (Dr.) I.K.U. Ibeneme of blessed memory. Uncle 'Bobo' Obaze, as was fondly called by Dr. Ibeneme, was one of the numerous workers that the Faith Clinic had in those days in the mid-80s. All the workers came from different churches and ministries, and were of various ages and giftings. In spite of his age, He was simple and humble. He was easy to get along with, and very kind. He loved Jesus and was as excited about Him as anyone of us was who were much younger than he was. Like other workers of the ministry he was involved in deliverance ministrations. He often traveled with Dr. Ibeneme for outside ministrations. He also had a special love to minister the Holy Ghost baptism. He had great success in this area of ministry. I know it because I was a...

Time Element in Faith

By Revd 'Remi Tejumola Shalom! There is an element of time involved in the principle of faith. Misunderstanding this important element will cause a failure of faith. The Bible says, "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen" (Hebrews 11:1). When should one take the step of faith? (Now!) Paul said, "Now faith is . . . the evidence of things not seen". When you are standing by faith, what you're believing God for is neither seen nor felt. You're just standing in faith for it - calling those things which be not as though they were. If you've asked God for a car, by faith you say, 'I believe that I have my car now.' This is neither pretence nor a lie. You really must believe this way. You don't have to see it first or feel it before you believe it. In fact, we do not need to look for any sign or hear a voice to know our prayers are heard. Once we pray, God wants us to believe that the need is met NOW WHE...

Faith's Place

By Revd 'Remi Tejumola Shalom! God's face always shine with pleasure when He finds people who took Him at His Word - those who live by faith. Hebrews 11: 5-6 5 By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God. 6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. God is always excited when His people exercises faith in Him by taking Him at His Word. During Jesus earthly ministry, He displayed His joy each time He found such people: Luke 7: 7-9 7 Wherefore neither thought I myself worthy to come unto thee: but say in a word, and my servant shall be healed. 8 For I also am a man set under authority, having under me soldiers, and I say unto one, Go, and he goeth; and to another, Come, and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth it. ...