Skip to main content

Faith and Wisdom 4

By Revd 'Remi Tejumola

Shalom! I have no intention of encouraging lazy people with these series of teachings on the subject of prayer and faith simply because the Bible says that if you will not work, you should not eat.

Who are those qualified to have their needs met? Lazy people? No! Unemployed, and looking for one? Yes! Unemployed and not looking for work? No! Those whose disability prevents them from getting employment? Of course, yes. Students (in school, really studying?) Yes! Those who have jobs and are faithful at it? Yes.

Retired folks? Of course, yes. Those on admission in hospitals? Yes. Those living below God's standard of holiness and righteousness - living in sin? Definitely NO! Those who lost their work because of downsizing, victimisation at the workplace or because of illness. Yes! Homemakers and children are also qualified to have their needs met. Good housemaids and houseboys are qualified to have their needs met. As long as a person is a child of God, who is not lazy, his needs can be met. He can look up to God to take care of him.
Hardworking ministers of the Gospel in the area where God called them to qualify.

Any of these reasons as I've mentioned can be why your prayers are not heard and your needs are not met. Check which one is affecting you in this list here and make correction where necessary.

I am absolutely interested in finding a way through which you can enjoy God's goodness in this life.

More things will still be shared in the next posting, God willing. God bless.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith's Place

By Revd 'Remi Tejumola Shalom! God's face always shine with pleasure when He finds people who took Him at His Word - those who live by faith. Hebrews 11: 5-6 5 By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God. 6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. God is always excited when His people exercises faith in Him by taking Him at His Word. During Jesus earthly ministry, He displayed His joy each time He found such people: Luke 7: 7-9 7 Wherefore neither thought I myself worthy to come unto thee: but say in a word, and my servant shall be healed. 8 For I also am a man set under authority, having under me soldiers, and I say unto one, Go, and he goeth; and to another, Come, and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth it. ...

Time Element in Faith

By Revd 'Remi Tejumola Shalom! There is an element of time involved in the principle of faith. Misunderstanding this important element will cause a failure of faith. The Bible says, "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen" (Hebrews 11:1). When should one take the step of faith? (Now!) Paul said, "Now faith is . . . the evidence of things not seen". When you are standing by faith, what you're believing God for is neither seen nor felt. You're just standing in faith for it - calling those things which be not as though they were. If you've asked God for a car, by faith you say, 'I believe that I have my car now.' This is neither pretence nor a lie. You really must believe this way. You don't have to see it first or feel it before you believe it. In fact, we do not need to look for any sign or hear a voice to know our prayers are heard. Once we pray, God wants us to believe that the need is met NOW WHE...

Greetings

Hi there, friend! A happy new month to you. Usually, I greet my friends or acquaintances this way, "H.appy New Year" even if the last time I saw them was just a week ago. Just a funny greeting. The exciting ministry times still continues. I have just ended a whole month ministry time with the Believers' Fellowship in Ibadan here. So many people were blessed during the course of the meeting. I don't have pictures here because I misplaced my digi-cam. My Holy Ghost Miracle Service is now what we are preparing for between now and October. It's going to be a two-day event, three services - two evenings and one morning Life Seminar. We are preparing to use a church's venue here in Ibadan. I lost my mother-in-law just two days ago and she's going to be buried next week Saturday. Her own mum is still alive. She was a good mother to all her children, including me. So we plan to give her a beffiting funeral at Owo Town, Ondo State. A friend sent me an e-mail and I ...