Skip to main content

Dynamic Scriptures 9

By Revd 'Remi Tejumola

Shalom! Following up on the last posting, I want to spend more time on the word 'desire'. Right now I am relating it to prayer, especially where Jesus used the word in Mark 11: 24, "Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them" (Mark 11:24). "What things so ever ye desire..." means that you need to be very specific when you say you want God to do anything for you. As I explained in my last post, your desire is a hot pursuit for something and will not accept "No" for an answer. So you better get specific.

Many years ago when Pastor Victor Amosun was courting his wife, he found out that her family house was plagued with mice. Specifically, he ordered that the place be rid of all mice and the next time he was in that house it was reported that was the last time that they saw any mouse.

Learn to be specific. At the least, God wanted you to be. He has nothing to work with in your behalf when you're not specific. Even God's promise to us is quite specific.

Specifically, Joshua commanded that the sun and the moon should stand still till Israel won the battle, and it happened as he ordered. Jesus said to the fig tree, "... No man eat fruit of thee hereafter for ever" and the tree dried up from the roots (Mark 11:14). They expressed their specific desires verbally in faith and it came to pass. Just think about this, God wants you to have exactly what you desire.

Of course, this is predicated on two conditions: Jesus said, 1. If you abide in Me, and 2. My words abide in you, 3. ye shall ask what you will, and 4. it shall be done unto you.
(John 15: 7).

It's so simple. God bless you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith's Place

By Revd 'Remi Tejumola Shalom! God's face always shine with pleasure when He finds people who took Him at His Word - those who live by faith. Hebrews 11: 5-6 5 By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God. 6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. God is always excited when His people exercises faith in Him by taking Him at His Word. During Jesus earthly ministry, He displayed His joy each time He found such people: Luke 7: 7-9 7 Wherefore neither thought I myself worthy to come unto thee: but say in a word, and my servant shall be healed. 8 For I also am a man set under authority, having under me soldiers, and I say unto one, Go, and he goeth; and to another, Come, and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth it. ...

Greetings

Hi there, friend! A happy new month to you. Usually, I greet my friends or acquaintances this way, "H.appy New Year" even if the last time I saw them was just a week ago. Just a funny greeting. The exciting ministry times still continues. I have just ended a whole month ministry time with the Believers' Fellowship in Ibadan here. So many people were blessed during the course of the meeting. I don't have pictures here because I misplaced my digi-cam. My Holy Ghost Miracle Service is now what we are preparing for between now and October. It's going to be a two-day event, three services - two evenings and one morning Life Seminar. We are preparing to use a church's venue here in Ibadan. I lost my mother-in-law just two days ago and she's going to be buried next week Saturday. Her own mum is still alive. She was a good mother to all her children, including me. So we plan to give her a beffiting funeral at Owo Town, Ondo State. A friend sent me an e-mail and I ...

The Holy Spirit Moves 4

By Revd 'Remi Tejumola Shalom! The works of the Holy Spirit varies, no one knows it all. But it's so exciting when one finds out about them. I was part of the Faith Clinic team that travelled with Dr. I. K. U. Ibeneme to minister at a campmeeting, December 1985. It was a deliverance session with the church on the outskirt of Lagos State. Our method of ministry was to ask individuals what problem they have, and we minister accordingly. After I had prayed with several people, it came to the turn of a brother. I went thru the normal process of our ministration and he stuttered and said, 'I am a stammerer'. I was flabbergasted because at that moment I didn't know what to do. But I just said, 'In Jesus' name, I plead the blood. Be healed!' and I took off to another place. During the testimony time, the brother said in very clear words, 'You know me. . . ' and the place became wild with excitement and shouts of 'Hallelujah!' rended the air!...