Skip to main content

Lessons From The Books Of Chronicles 12

By Revd 'Remi Tejumola

Shalom! An heathen king decided to attack and conquer Israel which was under the rule of King Hezekiah who had stopped his people from idol worship and turned them back to the worship of the true God. The enemy knew this and said this:

2 Chronicles 32: 17
17 He wrote also letters to rail on the LORD God of Israel, and to speak against him, saying, As the gods of the nations of other lands have not delivered their people out of mine hand, so shall not the God of Hezekiah deliver his people out of mine hand.

Hezekiah got ready for the battle and said to his people:

2 Chronicles 32: 7-8
7 Be strong and courageous, be not afraid nor dismayed for the king of Assyria, nor for all the multitude that is with him: for there be more with us than with him:
8 With him is an arm of flesh; but with us is the LORD our God to help us, and to fight our battles. And the people rested themselves upon the words of Hezekiah king of Judah.

It's great to have a leader that knows God, and is depending on Him for his successes. King Hezekiah did not have problem with insecurity. He was anchored on the LORD, and the LORD gave him victory.

As a child of God you need to develop a close relationship with God to the point where you will be able to depend on Him to see you through all of life's problems and challenges. There are 3 definite ways to do this:

1. Spend time meditating on the Word of God on a regular basis (Psalm 1: 1-6).

2. Spend time to fellowship with God, praising and worshipping Him (1 John 1: 1-3).

3. Pray to God and depend upon Him to help you out in every situation.

Hezekiah raised up his army, but he trusted God for victory over the enemy and got it! Praise God. Go and do likewise.

Till next posting, God bless.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith's Place

By Revd 'Remi Tejumola Shalom! God's face always shine with pleasure when He finds people who took Him at His Word - those who live by faith. Hebrews 11: 5-6 5 By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God. 6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. God is always excited when His people exercises faith in Him by taking Him at His Word. During Jesus earthly ministry, He displayed His joy each time He found such people: Luke 7: 7-9 7 Wherefore neither thought I myself worthy to come unto thee: but say in a word, and my servant shall be healed. 8 For I also am a man set under authority, having under me soldiers, and I say unto one, Go, and he goeth; and to another, Come, and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth it. ...

Greetings

Hi there, friend! A happy new month to you. Usually, I greet my friends or acquaintances this way, "H.appy New Year" even if the last time I saw them was just a week ago. Just a funny greeting. The exciting ministry times still continues. I have just ended a whole month ministry time with the Believers' Fellowship in Ibadan here. So many people were blessed during the course of the meeting. I don't have pictures here because I misplaced my digi-cam. My Holy Ghost Miracle Service is now what we are preparing for between now and October. It's going to be a two-day event, three services - two evenings and one morning Life Seminar. We are preparing to use a church's venue here in Ibadan. I lost my mother-in-law just two days ago and she's going to be buried next week Saturday. Her own mum is still alive. She was a good mother to all her children, including me. So we plan to give her a beffiting funeral at Owo Town, Ondo State. A friend sent me an e-mail and I ...

.::Steps To Receiving The Holy Ghost Baptism Now::.

By Revd 'Remi Tejumola A man wrote my boss, Revd (Dr.) I.K.U. Ibeneme, in 1990 from Calabar. He was a staff of Nigeria Prisons Service. He desired to be filled with the Holy Ghost with the evidence of speaking with other tongues. Dr. Ibeneme passed the letter unto me to attend to. He knew since 1985 that this is my area of interest. I took up the assignment and dealt with it. When the man followed the same steps I am about to give you, the Holy Ghost fell upon him, he fell down and began to speak in tongues for the next two hours! Jesus is the One who baptizes with the Holy Ghost and fire up till now. I will show you few instances in the Bible where people experienced the Holy Ghost baptism with the evidence of speaking in tongues: Acts 2:4 4 And THEY WERE ALL FILLED WITH THE HOLY GHOST, AND BEGAN TO SPEAK WITH OTHER TONGUES, AS THE SPIRIT GAVE THEM UTTERANCE. Acts 10:37-46 37 That word, I say, ye know, which was published throughout all Judaea, and began ...