Skip to main content

Time-Out with God

By Revd 'Remi Tejumola

Shalom! Jesus gave us the second commandment, "Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself" (Matthew 22:39).

The first commandment is for us to love God with all that we've got, and the second one commands us to love our neighbour. This second commandment came from the One we loved with everything in us.

Jesus said, "If ye love me, keep my commandments" (John 14:15).

Our obedience to the two God-given commandments proves that we truly love Him.

Each one of us should create time to spend in God's presence and fellowship with Him on a regular and daily basis. I believe that is the best kind of prayer there is - fellowshiping with the Almighty God.

To many people, having a prayer life meant asking God for what you need and for what you want. To them, that's about all they care for. They don't think about having time-out with God, or time-out with Jesus, or time-out with the Holy Spirit.

Here I am talking about time you spend having conversations with, and worshipping any or all the members of the triune Godhead.

Have you ever had such a time when you're not asking God for things, but just praising, worshipping and loving on Him? You should start doing it one of these days - like today. You may experience something like this:

Exodus 24: 10
10 And they saw the God of Israel: and there was under his feet as it were a paved work of a sapphire stone, and as it were the body of heaven in his clearness.

Moses, Aaron and 70 of the elders of Israel, some of their nobles with their children were there when God revealed His presence. It was a time of fellowship. Go and do likewise.

The second commandment instruct us to love our neighbour. It means caring for them and also spending time with them. It is like saying, Time-out with your neighbour. This speaks also about friendliness.

Till next posting, God bless.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith's Place

By Revd 'Remi Tejumola Shalom! God's face always shine with pleasure when He finds people who took Him at His Word - those who live by faith. Hebrews 11: 5-6 5 By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God. 6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. God is always excited when His people exercises faith in Him by taking Him at His Word. During Jesus earthly ministry, He displayed His joy each time He found such people: Luke 7: 7-9 7 Wherefore neither thought I myself worthy to come unto thee: but say in a word, and my servant shall be healed. 8 For I also am a man set under authority, having under me soldiers, and I say unto one, Go, and he goeth; and to another, Come, and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth it. ...

Greetings

Hi there, friend! A happy new month to you. Usually, I greet my friends or acquaintances this way, "H.appy New Year" even if the last time I saw them was just a week ago. Just a funny greeting. The exciting ministry times still continues. I have just ended a whole month ministry time with the Believers' Fellowship in Ibadan here. So many people were blessed during the course of the meeting. I don't have pictures here because I misplaced my digi-cam. My Holy Ghost Miracle Service is now what we are preparing for between now and October. It's going to be a two-day event, three services - two evenings and one morning Life Seminar. We are preparing to use a church's venue here in Ibadan. I lost my mother-in-law just two days ago and she's going to be buried next week Saturday. Her own mum is still alive. She was a good mother to all her children, including me. So we plan to give her a beffiting funeral at Owo Town, Ondo State. A friend sent me an e-mail and I ...

The Holy Spirit Moves 4

By Revd 'Remi Tejumola Shalom! The works of the Holy Spirit varies, no one knows it all. But it's so exciting when one finds out about them. I was part of the Faith Clinic team that travelled with Dr. I. K. U. Ibeneme to minister at a campmeeting, December 1985. It was a deliverance session with the church on the outskirt of Lagos State. Our method of ministry was to ask individuals what problem they have, and we minister accordingly. After I had prayed with several people, it came to the turn of a brother. I went thru the normal process of our ministration and he stuttered and said, 'I am a stammerer'. I was flabbergasted because at that moment I didn't know what to do. But I just said, 'In Jesus' name, I plead the blood. Be healed!' and I took off to another place. During the testimony time, the brother said in very clear words, 'You know me. . . ' and the place became wild with excitement and shouts of 'Hallelujah!' rended the air!...