Skip to main content

What to do with Children

By Revd 'Remi Tejumola

Shalom! The Bible teaches parents, "Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it" (Proverbs 22:6).

This indicates that, first, parents must prayerfully find out the will of God for their children's individual life, because how can one show a way that one is oblivious of. I do know that some parents are busy getting their children trained the way THEY (Parents) WANT THEM TO GO.

The way they ought to go many times has to do with their God-given giftings, talents and destinies. Parents ought to have these in mind.

The most important time to find out God's plan for their lives is when they are still children and unable to make decisions for themselves.

Sometimes, finding out the way THEY ought to go requires close observation of those children. When they are still little bitty children you will find out the kind of things they love doing.

When you get them toys you will discover which kind of toys they have preference for, and how those toys are treated.

Do not wait untill you think they are old enough for the training. Begin now when they are still very young. This is God's recommended way of doing it. God's way is the best. He guaranteed that when he's old, he will not depart from the way.

Some people brought up their children to be terrorists. They began their children's training even before they started speaking. Once they began speaking they were sent to those schools to be deeply taught about their religion, and most of them grew up strong in it.

If you want godly and successful children, train them to be those things when they are still very young. Remember that the training continues untill they get out from under you to be on their own. It's a life thing and it's the duty of both parents.

Till next posting, God bless.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith's Place

By Revd 'Remi Tejumola Shalom! God's face always shine with pleasure when He finds people who took Him at His Word - those who live by faith. Hebrews 11: 5-6 5 By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God. 6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. God is always excited when His people exercises faith in Him by taking Him at His Word. During Jesus earthly ministry, He displayed His joy each time He found such people: Luke 7: 7-9 7 Wherefore neither thought I myself worthy to come unto thee: but say in a word, and my servant shall be healed. 8 For I also am a man set under authority, having under me soldiers, and I say unto one, Go, and he goeth; and to another, Come, and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth it. ...

Greetings

Hi there, friend! A happy new month to you. Usually, I greet my friends or acquaintances this way, "H.appy New Year" even if the last time I saw them was just a week ago. Just a funny greeting. The exciting ministry times still continues. I have just ended a whole month ministry time with the Believers' Fellowship in Ibadan here. So many people were blessed during the course of the meeting. I don't have pictures here because I misplaced my digi-cam. My Holy Ghost Miracle Service is now what we are preparing for between now and October. It's going to be a two-day event, three services - two evenings and one morning Life Seminar. We are preparing to use a church's venue here in Ibadan. I lost my mother-in-law just two days ago and she's going to be buried next week Saturday. Her own mum is still alive. She was a good mother to all her children, including me. So we plan to give her a beffiting funeral at Owo Town, Ondo State. A friend sent me an e-mail and I ...

The Holy Spirit Moves 4

By Revd 'Remi Tejumola Shalom! The works of the Holy Spirit varies, no one knows it all. But it's so exciting when one finds out about them. I was part of the Faith Clinic team that travelled with Dr. I. K. U. Ibeneme to minister at a campmeeting, December 1985. It was a deliverance session with the church on the outskirt of Lagos State. Our method of ministry was to ask individuals what problem they have, and we minister accordingly. After I had prayed with several people, it came to the turn of a brother. I went thru the normal process of our ministration and he stuttered and said, 'I am a stammerer'. I was flabbergasted because at that moment I didn't know what to do. But I just said, 'In Jesus' name, I plead the blood. Be healed!' and I took off to another place. During the testimony time, the brother said in very clear words, 'You know me. . . ' and the place became wild with excitement and shouts of 'Hallelujah!' rended the air!...