Skip to main content

Using the Name of Jesus #1

By Revd 'Remi Tejumola

Shalom! Jesus taught us to pray and to exercise our authority through the use of His name. In each case, what we pray about, and what we use our authority for has to do with our hopes and desires. Let's see:

John 16: 23-24
23 And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you.
24 Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.

Notice that Jesus did not tell us what to ask for. His emphasis was on how to get the things that we want from God the Father using His name.

Some people have the incorrect idea that when we pray in Jesus name Jesus Himself takes our prayer and re-present it to the Father on our behalf. Let's examine what He said about this point:

John 16: 26-27

26 At that day ye shall ask in my name: and I say not unto you, that I will pray the Father for you:
27 For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God.

You and I have direct access to God the Father, in the name of Jesus, to have our needs met. At this point, we do not need an intermediary or representative. We go to the Father directly by ourselves.

Jesus desires that we have direct fellowship with the Almighty Father. Afterall, He is our dear heavenly Father (1 John 1: 3-4; 3: 2).

Till next posting, God bless.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Soldier Gone To Headquaters

By Revd 'Remi Tejumola Shalom! A senior friend just went home to be with the Lord, PASTOR PATRICK EZEKUDE OBAZE. He was aged 78 years old. I got to know him in 1985 after I became a part of the Faith Clinic which was founded by Rev. (Dr.) I.K.U. Ibeneme of blessed memory. Uncle 'Bobo' Obaze, as was fondly called by Dr. Ibeneme, was one of the numerous workers that the Faith Clinic had in those days in the mid-80s. All the workers came from different churches and ministries, and were of various ages and giftings. In spite of his age, He was simple and humble. He was easy to get along with, and very kind. He loved Jesus and was as excited about Him as anyone of us was who were much younger than he was. Like other workers of the ministry he was involved in deliverance ministrations. He often traveled with Dr. Ibeneme for outside ministrations. He also had a special love to minister the Holy Ghost baptism. He had great success in this area of ministry. I know it because I was a...

Faith's Place

By Revd 'Remi Tejumola Shalom! God's face always shine with pleasure when He finds people who took Him at His Word - those who live by faith. Hebrews 11: 5-6 5 By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God. 6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. God is always excited when His people exercises faith in Him by taking Him at His Word. During Jesus earthly ministry, He displayed His joy each time He found such people: Luke 7: 7-9 7 Wherefore neither thought I myself worthy to come unto thee: but say in a word, and my servant shall be healed. 8 For I also am a man set under authority, having under me soldiers, and I say unto one, Go, and he goeth; and to another, Come, and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth it. ...

Time Element in Faith

By Revd 'Remi Tejumola Shalom! There is an element of time involved in the principle of faith. Misunderstanding this important element will cause a failure of faith. The Bible says, "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen" (Hebrews 11:1). When should one take the step of faith? (Now!) Paul said, "Now faith is . . . the evidence of things not seen". When you are standing by faith, what you're believing God for is neither seen nor felt. You're just standing in faith for it - calling those things which be not as though they were. If you've asked God for a car, by faith you say, 'I believe that I have my car now.' This is neither pretence nor a lie. You really must believe this way. You don't have to see it first or feel it before you believe it. In fact, we do not need to look for any sign or hear a voice to know our prayers are heard. Once we pray, God wants us to believe that the need is met NOW WHE...