Skip to main content

Using The Name Of Jesus #2

By Revd 'Remi Tejumola

Shalom! Jesus said, "... Whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it" (John 14: 13-14).

When it comes to prayer, Jesus wants us to talk directly with the Father in His name. He does not want us to pray to Him, Jesus.

But here in John 14, He's saying that He will make sure that whatever we ask or demand in His name is done. He will go ahead and perform it.

Example 1:
"Then Peter said, Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk. And he took him by the right hand, and lifted him up: and immediately his feet and ancle bones received strength. And he leaping up stood, and walked, and entered with them into the temple, walking, and leaping, and praising God. And all the people saw him walking and praising God" (Acts 3:6-9).

When you command things to be done in the name of Jesus, He will go ahead and do it Himself. This promise is for whatever you want done. Do you believe this?

Example 2:
"Then [Apostles Peter and John] laid they their hands on them, and they received the Holy Ghost" (Acts 8:17). Jesus is the One who baptizes in the Holy Ghost. When His name is used for the baptism He fills people up with the Holy Ghost.

Whatever you command in His name to be done, that's what He will do. If you command sickness to die in His name, He will kill it. Read Mark 16: 17-18 for more information.

Till next posting, God bless.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith's Place

By Revd 'Remi Tejumola Shalom! God's face always shine with pleasure when He finds people who took Him at His Word - those who live by faith. Hebrews 11: 5-6 5 By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God. 6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. God is always excited when His people exercises faith in Him by taking Him at His Word. During Jesus earthly ministry, He displayed His joy each time He found such people: Luke 7: 7-9 7 Wherefore neither thought I myself worthy to come unto thee: but say in a word, and my servant shall be healed. 8 For I also am a man set under authority, having under me soldiers, and I say unto one, Go, and he goeth; and to another, Come, and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth it. ...

Greetings

Hi there, friend! A happy new month to you. Usually, I greet my friends or acquaintances this way, "H.appy New Year" even if the last time I saw them was just a week ago. Just a funny greeting. The exciting ministry times still continues. I have just ended a whole month ministry time with the Believers' Fellowship in Ibadan here. So many people were blessed during the course of the meeting. I don't have pictures here because I misplaced my digi-cam. My Holy Ghost Miracle Service is now what we are preparing for between now and October. It's going to be a two-day event, three services - two evenings and one morning Life Seminar. We are preparing to use a church's venue here in Ibadan. I lost my mother-in-law just two days ago and she's going to be buried next week Saturday. Her own mum is still alive. She was a good mother to all her children, including me. So we plan to give her a beffiting funeral at Owo Town, Ondo State. A friend sent me an e-mail and I ...

The Holy Spirit Moves 4

By Revd 'Remi Tejumola Shalom! The works of the Holy Spirit varies, no one knows it all. But it's so exciting when one finds out about them. I was part of the Faith Clinic team that travelled with Dr. I. K. U. Ibeneme to minister at a campmeeting, December 1985. It was a deliverance session with the church on the outskirt of Lagos State. Our method of ministry was to ask individuals what problem they have, and we minister accordingly. After I had prayed with several people, it came to the turn of a brother. I went thru the normal process of our ministration and he stuttered and said, 'I am a stammerer'. I was flabbergasted because at that moment I didn't know what to do. But I just said, 'In Jesus' name, I plead the blood. Be healed!' and I took off to another place. During the testimony time, the brother said in very clear words, 'You know me. . . ' and the place became wild with excitement and shouts of 'Hallelujah!' rended the air!...