Skip to main content

God's Will 606 #4

By Revd 'Remi Tejumola

Shalom! Part of what we know as The Lord's Prayer reads, "Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven" (Matthew 6:10). By this Jesus taught us about doing the will of God while we are here on earth.

Jesus said about Himself, "For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me" (John 6:38).

The mission of Jesus coming to the earth was to do the will of God. He didn't come for a picnic. No, He didn't. He had a lot more higher purpose in sight than self-gratification.

The last prayer He prayed was one of total dedication to do the will of the Father:

Matthew 26: 39
39 ... O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.

Have you ever thought of the reason for your being? It is to do the will of God here on earth. (I will discuss this in a later post).

The will of God today is that everyone will believe the Gospel about Jesus Christ and be born-again (John 3: 1-17).

After getting born-again, the will of God is for those of us who have experienced the New Birth to love one another and reach the rest of the world with the Gospel through evangelism which Jesus has commissioned us to do:

Mark 16: 15-16
15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

The total duty of man is to do the will of God. This also affects our prayers: "And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his [God's] commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight" (1 John 3:22).

Let the Word of God talk to you. Till next posting, God bless.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith's Place

By Revd 'Remi Tejumola Shalom! God's face always shine with pleasure when He finds people who took Him at His Word - those who live by faith. Hebrews 11: 5-6 5 By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God. 6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. God is always excited when His people exercises faith in Him by taking Him at His Word. During Jesus earthly ministry, He displayed His joy each time He found such people: Luke 7: 7-9 7 Wherefore neither thought I myself worthy to come unto thee: but say in a word, and my servant shall be healed. 8 For I also am a man set under authority, having under me soldiers, and I say unto one, Go, and he goeth; and to another, Come, and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth it. ...

Greetings

Hi there, friend! A happy new month to you. Usually, I greet my friends or acquaintances this way, "H.appy New Year" even if the last time I saw them was just a week ago. Just a funny greeting. The exciting ministry times still continues. I have just ended a whole month ministry time with the Believers' Fellowship in Ibadan here. So many people were blessed during the course of the meeting. I don't have pictures here because I misplaced my digi-cam. My Holy Ghost Miracle Service is now what we are preparing for between now and October. It's going to be a two-day event, three services - two evenings and one morning Life Seminar. We are preparing to use a church's venue here in Ibadan. I lost my mother-in-law just two days ago and she's going to be buried next week Saturday. Her own mum is still alive. She was a good mother to all her children, including me. So we plan to give her a beffiting funeral at Owo Town, Ondo State. A friend sent me an e-mail and I ...

The Holy Spirit Moves 4

By Revd 'Remi Tejumola Shalom! The works of the Holy Spirit varies, no one knows it all. But it's so exciting when one finds out about them. I was part of the Faith Clinic team that travelled with Dr. I. K. U. Ibeneme to minister at a campmeeting, December 1985. It was a deliverance session with the church on the outskirt of Lagos State. Our method of ministry was to ask individuals what problem they have, and we minister accordingly. After I had prayed with several people, it came to the turn of a brother. I went thru the normal process of our ministration and he stuttered and said, 'I am a stammerer'. I was flabbergasted because at that moment I didn't know what to do. But I just said, 'In Jesus' name, I plead the blood. Be healed!' and I took off to another place. During the testimony time, the brother said in very clear words, 'You know me. . . ' and the place became wild with excitement and shouts of 'Hallelujah!' rended the air!...