Skip to main content

Marks of a Committed Christian #1


By Revd 'Remi Tejumola

Shalom! Committed Christian have traits or marks. It's something beyond going regularly to church.

A few weeks back I treated a subject about God's will, and then went further to teach about the Process of Divine Change. The teaching today is a follow-up to those. So come along with me.

The Apostle Paul in Romans 12:1 said, "I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service."

The life of a committed Christian is strewn with periods of deeper commitments. The very first commitment comes as a revelation of Christ our saviour comes to him. So he commits himself to that One who died and rose again for his sake. Because of this revelation, he relates with people whom he perceived has had the same experience with Jesus with real agape love.

He's so happy to have been saved from so great a death that he will do anything for Jesus. When evangelism is introduced to him, he launches right into it. He doesn't even have any idea nor understand what spiritual maturity is.

As he spends quality time in the Word of God, he begins to mature in the Lord, and as he mixes with other Christians, he'll begin to see the weaknesses of both of others and those of himself. He finds himself wanton in a lot of areas, and so make deeper commitments to Jesus from time to time.

At other times what called for deeper commitments is the lessons learnt from the Word through personal studies and through Bible Studies or Seminars in church that enlightens some vital areas of his life. These equally attracts deeper commitments from him.

What I have been calling commitments are actually consecrations to Jesus. I will talk more about this in my next post. Till then, God bless.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith's Place

By Revd 'Remi Tejumola Shalom! God's face always shine with pleasure when He finds people who took Him at His Word - those who live by faith. Hebrews 11: 5-6 5 By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God. 6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. God is always excited when His people exercises faith in Him by taking Him at His Word. During Jesus earthly ministry, He displayed His joy each time He found such people: Luke 7: 7-9 7 Wherefore neither thought I myself worthy to come unto thee: but say in a word, and my servant shall be healed. 8 For I also am a man set under authority, having under me soldiers, and I say unto one, Go, and he goeth; and to another, Come, and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth it. ...

Greetings

Hi there, friend! A happy new month to you. Usually, I greet my friends or acquaintances this way, "H.appy New Year" even if the last time I saw them was just a week ago. Just a funny greeting. The exciting ministry times still continues. I have just ended a whole month ministry time with the Believers' Fellowship in Ibadan here. So many people were blessed during the course of the meeting. I don't have pictures here because I misplaced my digi-cam. My Holy Ghost Miracle Service is now what we are preparing for between now and October. It's going to be a two-day event, three services - two evenings and one morning Life Seminar. We are preparing to use a church's venue here in Ibadan. I lost my mother-in-law just two days ago and she's going to be buried next week Saturday. Her own mum is still alive. She was a good mother to all her children, including me. So we plan to give her a beffiting funeral at Owo Town, Ondo State. A friend sent me an e-mail and I ...

.::Steps To Receiving The Holy Ghost Baptism Now::.

By Revd 'Remi Tejumola A man wrote my boss, Revd (Dr.) I.K.U. Ibeneme, in 1990 from Calabar. He was a staff of Nigeria Prisons Service. He desired to be filled with the Holy Ghost with the evidence of speaking with other tongues. Dr. Ibeneme passed the letter unto me to attend to. He knew since 1985 that this is my area of interest. I took up the assignment and dealt with it. When the man followed the same steps I am about to give you, the Holy Ghost fell upon him, he fell down and began to speak in tongues for the next two hours! Jesus is the One who baptizes with the Holy Ghost and fire up till now. I will show you few instances in the Bible where people experienced the Holy Ghost baptism with the evidence of speaking in tongues: Acts 2:4 4 And THEY WERE ALL FILLED WITH THE HOLY GHOST, AND BEGAN TO SPEAK WITH OTHER TONGUES, AS THE SPIRIT GAVE THEM UTTERANCE. Acts 10:37-46 37 That word, I say, ye know, which was published throughout all Judaea, and began ...