Skip to main content

The Bible #3

By Revd 'Remi Tejumola

THE BIBLE is the Word of God. God speaks to us through it. You need to understand that there is a difference between the spoken Word and Jesus, the Living Word. They are not one and the same.

Jesus said, "Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:" (Matthew 7:24). Notice that Jesus emphasised the importance of the things He said in the above passage. We are not expected to build our lives on Jesus, but on the Words He spoke - His teachings.

When He was praying for us He said to the Father, "Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth" (John 17:17). He didn't ask God to use Him, the person, to sanctify us. He asked God to use His Word to do it.

The Word of God is the will of God. It is what God wants done. It is what He requires of us. Whatever He said are those things He has thought of, with the intention of doing. The Bible says, "God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?" (Numbers 23:19).

Whether you read it in the Bible or you heard it from the Holy Spirit, God's Word is the same. You can count on it. You can trust it. You can stake your life on it. It never fails.

God said, "So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereunto I sent it" (Isaiah 55:11).

Till next posting, God bless.

Comments

Unknown said…
Dear REV, i believe that what you speak are divinely uttered. experiencing an encounter with you while on one of your sessions at PATMOS BIBLE SCHOOL OF FAITH confirms your calling and mission.
I hope to continually catch you online.
Olatunji Essien
Christ Reconciliation Ministries-Nigeria.

Popular posts from this blog

Faith's Place

By Revd 'Remi Tejumola Shalom! God's face always shine with pleasure when He finds people who took Him at His Word - those who live by faith. Hebrews 11: 5-6 5 By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God. 6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. God is always excited when His people exercises faith in Him by taking Him at His Word. During Jesus earthly ministry, He displayed His joy each time He found such people: Luke 7: 7-9 7 Wherefore neither thought I myself worthy to come unto thee: but say in a word, and my servant shall be healed. 8 For I also am a man set under authority, having under me soldiers, and I say unto one, Go, and he goeth; and to another, Come, and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth it. ...

Greetings

Hi there, friend! A happy new month to you. Usually, I greet my friends or acquaintances this way, "H.appy New Year" even if the last time I saw them was just a week ago. Just a funny greeting. The exciting ministry times still continues. I have just ended a whole month ministry time with the Believers' Fellowship in Ibadan here. So many people were blessed during the course of the meeting. I don't have pictures here because I misplaced my digi-cam. My Holy Ghost Miracle Service is now what we are preparing for between now and October. It's going to be a two-day event, three services - two evenings and one morning Life Seminar. We are preparing to use a church's venue here in Ibadan. I lost my mother-in-law just two days ago and she's going to be buried next week Saturday. Her own mum is still alive. She was a good mother to all her children, including me. So we plan to give her a beffiting funeral at Owo Town, Ondo State. A friend sent me an e-mail and I ...

.::Steps To Receiving The Holy Ghost Baptism Now::.

By Revd 'Remi Tejumola A man wrote my boss, Revd (Dr.) I.K.U. Ibeneme, in 1990 from Calabar. He was a staff of Nigeria Prisons Service. He desired to be filled with the Holy Ghost with the evidence of speaking with other tongues. Dr. Ibeneme passed the letter unto me to attend to. He knew since 1985 that this is my area of interest. I took up the assignment and dealt with it. When the man followed the same steps I am about to give you, the Holy Ghost fell upon him, he fell down and began to speak in tongues for the next two hours! Jesus is the One who baptizes with the Holy Ghost and fire up till now. I will show you few instances in the Bible where people experienced the Holy Ghost baptism with the evidence of speaking in tongues: Acts 2:4 4 And THEY WERE ALL FILLED WITH THE HOLY GHOST, AND BEGAN TO SPEAK WITH OTHER TONGUES, AS THE SPIRIT GAVE THEM UTTERANCE. Acts 10:37-46 37 That word, I say, ye know, which was published throughout all Judaea, and began ...