Skip to main content

Jesus Christ's Identification #2

by Revd 'Remi Tejumola

Mark 6:53-56
53 And when they had passed over, they came into the land of Gennesaret, and drew to the shore.
54 And when they were come out of the ship, straightway they knew him,
55 And ran through that whole region round about, and began to carry about in beds those that were sick, where they heard he was.
56 And whithersoever he entered, into villages, or cities, or country, they laid the sick in the streets, and besought him that they might touch if it were but the border of his garment: and as many as touched him were made whole.

I found this passage strikingly interesting. In fact, my imagination ran wild when I realized what really happened here. Jesus' picture here is very clear, even though it was just an aspect of His life and ministry, and this also is a revelation of the will of God - what He is ready to do for all people who are in need.

Jesus got into Gennesaret with all of His disciples. The moment they recognized Him, they ran home! In other places, people would run towards Him, not away from Him. (But why did they run back home?) They had sick folks they've been taking care of at home, and like the woman with the issue of blood, they spent untold amounts of money and time on them without anything to show for it. But now, THE MIRACLE WORKER, THE MESSIAH IS HERE! Thank God, HE IS! The Bible says, "...as many as touched him were made whole (verse 56). Everyone that is sick and touched His garment got healed of their maladies, glory be to God!

Notice that there's no record here of His preaching or teaching, but He could have done it. But the great thing here is that the people got healed, all that went to touch Him. I don't know any other kind of Jesus. This One saves, heals and delivers people, and He is still doing such businesses today.

Jesus never turned anyone away from Him, complaining, "Why are you looking for miracles? I don't have any for you. Go and study the word and clean your life up! God is teaching you lessons through your illnesses. Stop looking for miracles. God has none for you, live with your problems!" No, He didn't! He healed their sick! The Bible says, "Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever" (Hebrews 11:8). There is healing for you today!

Be healed now in the name of Jesus Christ, the Son of the Living God! Today is your day for a change and healing! Receive it now in His holy name. Amen!

Till next posting, stay blessed!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith's Place

By Revd 'Remi Tejumola Shalom! God's face always shine with pleasure when He finds people who took Him at His Word - those who live by faith. Hebrews 11: 5-6 5 By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God. 6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. God is always excited when His people exercises faith in Him by taking Him at His Word. During Jesus earthly ministry, He displayed His joy each time He found such people: Luke 7: 7-9 7 Wherefore neither thought I myself worthy to come unto thee: but say in a word, and my servant shall be healed. 8 For I also am a man set under authority, having under me soldiers, and I say unto one, Go, and he goeth; and to another, Come, and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth it. ...

Greetings

Hi there, friend! A happy new month to you. Usually, I greet my friends or acquaintances this way, "H.appy New Year" even if the last time I saw them was just a week ago. Just a funny greeting. The exciting ministry times still continues. I have just ended a whole month ministry time with the Believers' Fellowship in Ibadan here. So many people were blessed during the course of the meeting. I don't have pictures here because I misplaced my digi-cam. My Holy Ghost Miracle Service is now what we are preparing for between now and October. It's going to be a two-day event, three services - two evenings and one morning Life Seminar. We are preparing to use a church's venue here in Ibadan. I lost my mother-in-law just two days ago and she's going to be buried next week Saturday. Her own mum is still alive. She was a good mother to all her children, including me. So we plan to give her a beffiting funeral at Owo Town, Ondo State. A friend sent me an e-mail and I ...

The Holy Spirit Moves 4

By Revd 'Remi Tejumola Shalom! The works of the Holy Spirit varies, no one knows it all. But it's so exciting when one finds out about them. I was part of the Faith Clinic team that travelled with Dr. I. K. U. Ibeneme to minister at a campmeeting, December 1985. It was a deliverance session with the church on the outskirt of Lagos State. Our method of ministry was to ask individuals what problem they have, and we minister accordingly. After I had prayed with several people, it came to the turn of a brother. I went thru the normal process of our ministration and he stuttered and said, 'I am a stammerer'. I was flabbergasted because at that moment I didn't know what to do. But I just said, 'In Jesus' name, I plead the blood. Be healed!' and I took off to another place. During the testimony time, the brother said in very clear words, 'You know me. . . ' and the place became wild with excitement and shouts of 'Hallelujah!' rended the air!...