Skip to main content

Faith Practice

By Revd 'Remi Tejumola

Hebrews 10:36
36 For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.

There are 3 key words in the verse above and they are 'patience', 'the will of God' and 'promise'. How are they related?

The last one is also the real thing in the whole passage - the promise. The promise is given by God, and in this promise is the will of God - how to bring the promise to pass in our situation. The fulfillment of the will of God is hinged on your patience that will enable the promise to be fulfilled. The greatest thing about any promise is the one who gave it.

You cannot and should not totally believe human beings, but you must believe God because He is faithful to all of His promises. He has never disappoint anyone - not even once.

So what are we to do - seeing that we have many needs, things that we want to have?

(Am glad you asked.)

Jesus said in Mark 11:24 that, "What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and you shall have them". This promise is like an endorsed blank bank check for you to have any amount of money that you may desire. But if you just gloss over it, as simple as it is, you will miss entirely what Jesus said.

Here is the truth about this verse: The verse is an expression of God's will that shows that He wanted you to have whatever you so desire. Secondly, also in this verse He showed you what to do to bring your desires to reality. He said, "Believe that you receive them WHEN you pray". Notice He didn't say, 'Believe that God is going to do it", neither did He say, "Just believe" or "Believe that God is working on it". No, He didn't say anything like that. He said, "... when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and you shall have them". This means that you are to believe you got exactly what you asked for before you see or feel it (depending on what the thing is - spiritual, physical or material). This is what God requires and expect you to do and it must reflect in the way you speak and act from that point on. The saying, 'Delay is not denial' does not apply where the promise of God is concerned.

If you believe that you received when you prayed for something, then it means you have it then, even though physically it may not have manifested yet. So, it's not been delayed. Then here is where patience comes in. Your patience is what you do in faith because there's a span of time between 'Amen!' and 'There it is!' It may be a second, a minute, an hour, 6 hours, a day or a week, or even more! But once your faith is grounded on what God said, it will come to pass as you believe.

According to the book of Hebrews, "For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise" (Hebrews 10:36).

Acting on Mark 11:24 which is the prayer of faith, you ask for healing for your body, believe that you are immediately healed (even though you may not be feeling that way at the time), and you declare your faith, you will be healed. Example: Father, I asked for the healing of my body and I believe that I have received it now. Thank You for healing me and I am grateful. Thank God, I am healed! When you do this in good faith, your healing would manifest either gradually or instantaneously! That's exactly what happened to me when I did what God said about the kidney stone I had a bout with and got healed. I prayed for over 5hrs and nothing happened until I believed I was healed.

The principle of faith works the same way in every realm of life!

Till next posting, God bless.


Sent from my iPad 2

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith's Place

By Revd 'Remi Tejumola Shalom! God's face always shine with pleasure when He finds people who took Him at His Word - those who live by faith. Hebrews 11: 5-6 5 By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God. 6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. God is always excited when His people exercises faith in Him by taking Him at His Word. During Jesus earthly ministry, He displayed His joy each time He found such people: Luke 7: 7-9 7 Wherefore neither thought I myself worthy to come unto thee: but say in a word, and my servant shall be healed. 8 For I also am a man set under authority, having under me soldiers, and I say unto one, Go, and he goeth; and to another, Come, and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth it. ...

Greetings

Hi there, friend! A happy new month to you. Usually, I greet my friends or acquaintances this way, "H.appy New Year" even if the last time I saw them was just a week ago. Just a funny greeting. The exciting ministry times still continues. I have just ended a whole month ministry time with the Believers' Fellowship in Ibadan here. So many people were blessed during the course of the meeting. I don't have pictures here because I misplaced my digi-cam. My Holy Ghost Miracle Service is now what we are preparing for between now and October. It's going to be a two-day event, three services - two evenings and one morning Life Seminar. We are preparing to use a church's venue here in Ibadan. I lost my mother-in-law just two days ago and she's going to be buried next week Saturday. Her own mum is still alive. She was a good mother to all her children, including me. So we plan to give her a beffiting funeral at Owo Town, Ondo State. A friend sent me an e-mail and I ...

The Holy Spirit Moves 4

By Revd 'Remi Tejumola Shalom! The works of the Holy Spirit varies, no one knows it all. But it's so exciting when one finds out about them. I was part of the Faith Clinic team that travelled with Dr. I. K. U. Ibeneme to minister at a campmeeting, December 1985. It was a deliverance session with the church on the outskirt of Lagos State. Our method of ministry was to ask individuals what problem they have, and we minister accordingly. After I had prayed with several people, it came to the turn of a brother. I went thru the normal process of our ministration and he stuttered and said, 'I am a stammerer'. I was flabbergasted because at that moment I didn't know what to do. But I just said, 'In Jesus' name, I plead the blood. Be healed!' and I took off to another place. During the testimony time, the brother said in very clear words, 'You know me. . . ' and the place became wild with excitement and shouts of 'Hallelujah!' rended the air!...