Skip to main content

History Today



By 'Remi 'Kunle Tejumola (KTj 2)

When I was given the responsibility to carry out an historic research for a Tv programme in 2007 that will coincide with Tuesdays for presentation, I went all out for it - even though I was a Freelance Artiste. I accepted it gladly. Only for me to discover that Nigeria does not have proper records of her history on the Internet other than eg, 'This happened from this year to that year' very much unlike what you get on the History Channel.

So I got stories about happenings in different countries with specific dates. I was told that I would have to share these stories within 2-3mins live on Tv, and to me that was an impossible job - the stories are quite long.

I came up with a great idea: I presented the stories as scrolls on Tv which the audience will read by themselves with a familiar instrumental music playing at the background. I produced the research in video format. You will see the caption, read the full story without the aid of my voice, and then later I began to add photos of the cities, villages and countries where the events recorded in the story took place. The effect was tremendous, even on me. It was an exposé at a great expense to my pocket.

I paid monies from my own pocket to access the Internet and funded the entire production which I did by myself, and I was not reimbursed. I spent hours in the production of each story. (I used Windows Movie Maker for the production for a lack of a better software at the time). I was told to forget it. The segment ran for exactly 2 years (February 2008 - February 2010) on Mid-Morning Show at the Broadcasting Corporation of Oyo State (BCOS television). I had to stop the production. I was known in that station as a Researcher.

Many people said that I raised the ante of the Mid-Morning Show with my contributions to it. I produced the montage for the Mid-Morning Show from October 2006 till February 2011 without been paid for it. It wasn't because of an agreement. They simply didn't care.

In a lot of establishments around the world, workers are been treated this same way. It is bad because it discourages productivity to a very great extent. 

If you are in a position of authority encourage your workers who have done a good job, reimburse them when necessary and you will be surprised at the kinds of enthusiasm to work you will receive from all of them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith's Place

By Revd 'Remi Tejumola Shalom! God's face always shine with pleasure when He finds people who took Him at His Word - those who live by faith. Hebrews 11: 5-6 5 By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God. 6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. God is always excited when His people exercises faith in Him by taking Him at His Word. During Jesus earthly ministry, He displayed His joy each time He found such people: Luke 7: 7-9 7 Wherefore neither thought I myself worthy to come unto thee: but say in a word, and my servant shall be healed. 8 For I also am a man set under authority, having under me soldiers, and I say unto one, Go, and he goeth; and to another, Come, and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth it. ...

Greetings

Hi there, friend! A happy new month to you. Usually, I greet my friends or acquaintances this way, "H.appy New Year" even if the last time I saw them was just a week ago. Just a funny greeting. The exciting ministry times still continues. I have just ended a whole month ministry time with the Believers' Fellowship in Ibadan here. So many people were blessed during the course of the meeting. I don't have pictures here because I misplaced my digi-cam. My Holy Ghost Miracle Service is now what we are preparing for between now and October. It's going to be a two-day event, three services - two evenings and one morning Life Seminar. We are preparing to use a church's venue here in Ibadan. I lost my mother-in-law just two days ago and she's going to be buried next week Saturday. Her own mum is still alive. She was a good mother to all her children, including me. So we plan to give her a beffiting funeral at Owo Town, Ondo State. A friend sent me an e-mail and I ...

Hope, And Then Have Faith in God!

By Revd 'Remi Tejumola Shalom! There is a clear difference between hope and faith. Hope cannot achieve anything without faith, and faith has nothing to recieve without hope. Hope expects and faith recieves. One of hope's definition is 'eager yearning'. Hope dreams and will keep you smiling, but achieve nothing more than that. Hope is a picture of the things you want to have. Faith, on the other hand, does not expect anything. It is a reciever. Faith takes the unrealities of hope and brings them into the realm of reality. "Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen" (Hebrews 11: 1). It's just as if hope has been there waiting and achieving nothing untill faith arrived and grabbed hope and bring into reality what hope dreamt about. Now listen up, faith doesn't just come. Faith is produced through the knowledge of the Word of God that you've repeatedly heard (Romans 10: 17). Many times you don't have to hear God...